As we have mentioned before in these blogs, your online LinkedIn profile gives support to your resume and should match it in professionalism and content, a goal Robin’s Resumes® can help you to reach.
Once your LinkedIn profile is satisfactory, you should use LinkedIn to facilitate your job search in the following ways:
Use keywords that will help recruiters and companies find you when they regularly scan LinkedIn for potential candidates.
- Increase your contacts on LinkedIn to increase the number of people who know about your job search.
- Research your potential future co-workers before you go to an interview and certainly before your first day at your new job.
- Participate in discussions in your field, to present yourself as a valued professional and possible subject matter expert.
- Search on LinkedIn for companies in your geographic region or industry whose existence you might not have been aware of.
- Find advice on LinkedIn on how to prepare for tough interview questions. You will need to be careful about the advice you take, but you may find some of it invaluable.
Our goal at Robin’s Resumes® is to create the best resume package for you both in print and online. We are ready to begin helping you today.